19 November 2016

Whiskey Sour, what is that?

I have been wondering about Whisky Sour. I am clueless what it is and in this blog I will try to find out:

  • What is a Whiskey Sour?
  • How to make a Whisky Sour?
  • What does a Whiskey Sour taste like? 
  • What glass to use for a Whisky Sour?
There is nothing much on here now, but I will add content as I learn it.

What is a Whiskey Sour?

I have looked it up and the general opinion is that the ingredients are:
  • bourbon
  • lemon juice
  • sugar syrup
  • egg white
  • Cubed ice
Garnish like:
  • a cherry
  • a cranberry
  • an orange slice
  • a lime slice

This sparks questions: 
  • why bourbon? 
  • any bourbon?
  • why not a malt?
  • if bourbon, than why isn't it calles "bourbon sour"?
  • are there more "sours?"
  • ice in whisky? normally that is not done!
Looking up some of the answers. Ah, there is also "bourbon Sour"! Interesting! That would mean there might be "malt whisky sour" too! Or a "Rye Whiskey Sour".

recipes

I'm not going to say how its done, so here are some of the recipe links i found.


more to come. 

Experiment: I will not mention this blog on my facebook, instagram or twitter. I want to see if this blog gets read regardless of any advertising on my end. 




No comments:

Post a Comment